Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Church News

We had a very encouraging service tonight (Wednesday). Walker designed the service and it was based on the song “Blest Be the Tie”. We had six different speakers who commented on various verses of the song (Glenn, Joey, Shane, David, Ken and Walker). In addition, we had songs that were relevant to the theme. I was very impressed with what the men had to say… it was very encouraging.

I remember the days at Parkway when we had preachers who preached Sunday morning, Sunday night and gave a short talk and offered an invitation on Wednesday night. How different it is now. In my opinion, the change in format is one factor that has led to the development of our men and the type of thought provoking comments that we heard tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Wednesday night's service was especially "bonding". The prayer meetings have always been the most rewarding for my heart and soul but last night was right up at the top of my list. Gail

    ReplyDelete