Sunday, December 25, 2011

A Few Thoughts on Sharing God’s Word with Other People

- It is God’s Word that converts people to Christ. It’s not me or you… it is God.

- What you teach depends on who you are teaching. Are you teaching an Atheist? Then you need to teach about the existence of God. Are you teaching a Christian who is following a false system of belief? Then teach New Testament doctrines. Are you teaching someone who is morally bankrupt? Focus on what the Bible teaches about how we should live and what Jesus does for us.

- What is my objective as a teacher? It is not to vanquish or overwhelm someone with biblical superiority. It is not to get them to switch churches. My objective as a teacher should be to teach God’s Word and build faith in God.

- As a teacher I should live a righteous, unselfish life. I should have a comprehensive knowledge of the scriptures. I must be intellectually honest and not be dogmatic and opinionated about questionable things. I must come to understand and know my student and I must be a learner. I must strive to be effective.

- Who can I teach? Those who are looking for spiritual help. Those who have an obvious need for spiritual help but are not looking for it.

- As a planter of God’s Word I am not responsible for the outcome… God is. But still I can learn to be an effective, opportunistic teacher.

- The age of working miracles to get peoples attention is over. We live in an age where the only miracle people will witness is the miracle of a godly life in an increasingly morally bankrupt society. That miracle is an attention getter and will create opportunities to teach.

No comments:

Post a Comment