Sunday, February 17, 2013

Gluttony

Proverbs 23:19-21. “Listen my son and be wise, and direct your heart in the way. Do not be with the heavy drinkers of wine or with the gluttonous eaters of meat; for the heavy drinker and the glutton will come to poverty, and drowsiness will clothe a man with rags.” I don’t consider myself a glutton but I do eat a big lunch after Sunday services. It is the only meal I eat that day so it is usually a hearty one. Last Sunday I was planning to pick up Brandon (Little Brother) and do some things with him but after eating lunch I was having second thoughts. A nice long nap seemed to be more desirable. I shared my dilemma with Julie and she gave me the proper direction. So we picked up Brandon and went home. Brandon and I worked on his arithmetic, had a Bible lesson, practiced Volleyball and squeezed oranges to make juice and then went to evening services… we had quite a productive day. If I had listened to the big meal in my belly I would have taken a nap. Remember, “… the glutton will come to poverty”.

No comments:

Post a Comment