Thursday, December 24, 2015

Prayer and Self Examination

As I’ve stated in Bible classes, I recommend getting up every morning and reading the Bible. Once you’ve got your mind straight go immediately to God in prayer.
One of the important things to be done in prayer is to take a deep look at yourself… where you have been, where you are and where you want to be.
In addition, critical self-examination is important. Make a list of all your short comings… like am I quick to anger, am I too negative, am I a know-it-all, do I listen to others, etc. This should also include the negative things people say about you… their perceptions whether they be true or false.
Once you know who you are then you can start working (with God’s help) on who you want to be.
It’s easy to find fault in others. Start with yourself. We have a powerful God.

No comments:

Post a Comment