Sunday, December 4, 2016

Remarks from Gary Homan's Funeral

From Les Homan...
My Gary passed away November 17 at Baylor St. Lukes Methodist Hospital in Houston. Everyone worked so hard to save her and could not.
She was my wife and best friend. She made me a better person. She cared so much for her family, friends, her Church and her God.
We were married 49 years and I was so lucky she married me. We have 3 great boys who are heartbroken and 1 grandson who is trying hard to understand it all. Seven year old grandson Ben said it best “GranGary is with the Angels”.
From Son, Chris...
My Mother was simply the greatest person I have ever known. She showered love on her entire family, her friends, colleagues, clients and total strangers. She never met someone she wouldn’t try to help. She always put the needs of others first and wouldn’t hesitate… not for a second… if she could help. One of her best traits was just listening and providing that much needed encouragement to overcome the biggest challenge that any of us might have faced.
I can’t make much sense of my Mom’s passing but I know that God must have needed her in Heaven for a task only she could accomplish. She was a better person than I could ever be but I will try to live my life based on her example and memory.
You all are here because you loved my Mom and we appreciate you all so very much for being here. I know she is so very happy right now that you all would take time to come here to remember her life and the person she was.
I will take great comfort knowing that my Mom is watching over our entire family especially her beloved Grandson, Benjamin and all of you as we live out the rest of our days.
I love you Mom
Your son, Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment