Monday, June 4, 2018

45th Wedding Anniversary

This is something I posted to Facebook on June 1st. Happy anniversary to my wife of 45 years. 45 years ago today, one week after graduating from High School, we eloped to Lake Charles, Louisiana. I tell people the reason we did that is because at the time... in Texas... they wouldn't let first cousins marry. But they would in Louisiana. Of course that's a joke. Julie Bedwell is the only girl I ever dated. A lot of people would say that we somehow found our soul mates as if failures in marriage are somehow due to bad luck. The truth is that we were committed to each other based on our faith in Jesus Christ and would not allow Satan to separate what God had put together. God has blessed me in many ways but my greatest blessing has been Julie Perkins.

No comments:

Post a Comment