Saturday, January 30, 2010

Big Brother and Brandon



This is me and Brandon. We're in the Big Brother/Little Brother program (I'm the big brother). I decided to get involved in this to help others. My two younger brothers say I wasn't that great of a "big brother" when we were growing up. I think they have faulty memories . Here is a quote from the Big Brothers website...

"Big Brothers Big Sisters facilitates One-to-One mentoring friendships between children and caring volunteers through community based and site based programs. Independent research has proven that children with a Big Brother or Big Sister are less likely to use drugs, skip school or be involved in acts of violence, and have better relationships with family and friends. YOU can be a part of something BIG when you become a mentor or make a contribution."

No comments:

Post a Comment