Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Mark 15:33-39.

This section records the last thing Jesus ever said and the manner of his death. Jesus died at 3 pm in the afternoon hanging on a cross. God had blotted out the sun starting at noon and lasting until 3 pm. Then, fully illuminated by the sun, Jesus uttered the last words he would ever speak prior to his death… ”My God, my God, why have you forsaken me”.

Moments later, as if in response, God no longer “forsakes” Jesus but allows him to die so he could be restored to his position in heaven with the Father. I’m sure Jesus was sick of being in a bruised and torn body and was ready for sweet death to come to his physical nature so that he could be in heaven not only with God the Father but with countless angels and Moses and Elijah and Abraham and all the saved ones.

Jesus knew the glories awaiting him in heaven. I hope one day we will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment