Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Julie and Virginia Lawler



Julie and I went to go see Virginia at Holmgreen's on Monday. When we got there there were three ladies from King's crossing playing "Skipbo" with her. We had a good visit with her and she is planning to stay there until she gets better. She is suffering from Congestive Heart Failure. I think she said her heart was operating around 30%.

There were a lot of older people at Holmgreens who were in declining health. It's always kind of sad for me to see adult children taking care of their loved ones who are declining in health. I was glad I went it kind of yanked me out of my busy life into the reality of human love and suffering.

When we left we held hands to pray and for the first time I just couldn't do it... Julie bailed me out and prayed for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment