Wednesday, June 26, 2013

What Can I Get For a Rib?

There is an old joke about Adam in the Garden of Eden. God comes to visit Adam and recognizes that there is something wrong and asks Adam what the matter is. Adam says, I don’t know… it’s kind of like an empty feeling… I’ve never felt it before. God says, Adam I know what’s wrong with you and I have the cure. It’s a creation called woman; she will love you, fix all your meals, take care of all your needs and make you happy all the days of your life. Adam says… yes God I’d like one of those. God said, OK Adam but for everything there is a price and if I make woman for you it will cost you your right leg. Adam pondered that for a minute and responded… what can I get for a rib? …Obviously something less. In Ephesians 5 we learned that Christ gave up everything for his bride including his life so that he might have an exquisite wife. Husbands are supposed to do the same thing. Unfortunately many don’t and end up with wives who feel under-appreciated and under-loved and don’t live up to their full potential as wives. Husbands the joke is on you if you don’t pay the full price.

No comments:

Post a Comment