Friday, July 21, 2017

Teaching the Creation on a Cruise Ship

On our recent cruise in the Baltic I was talking to two of the crew members in the dining area. They were men in their early thirties and were in some sort of managerial position. One was from Romania and the other was from Serbia.I was entertaining them with a few jokes and was about to tell them my joke about how God created Eve. I always preface that joke by asking if they are familiar with the account of creation. I was dumbfounded when they said they were unfamiliar with how God created the world. Incredulous I persisted... you know, God created all the animals, he made the earth in six days? They said they had never heard that story. I asked them if they were some kind of muslim... they said no they were Christians but they didn't really read the Bible or attend church. Incredible!!!
So I got to teach the story of creation to two grown men on a cruise ship. I'm praying they start reading their Bibles.

No comments:

Post a Comment