Thursday, February 18, 2021

Ideas

“Listen to me, my fellow Israelites, my people. I had it in my heart to build a house as a place of rest for the ark of the covenant of the Lord, for the footstool of our God, and I made plans to build it. But God said to me, ‘You are not to build a house for my Name, because you are a warrior and have shed blood.”
David had an independent idea to build a house for God. I don’t see anywhere in the scriptures that God told him to do this and as far as we can tell it was David’s own idea.
I mention that because sometimes we have the idea that we can’t do anything unless it is authorized in some way or in some form from the scriptures.
We also don’t see in the text that anyone rose up and said… King David… where is your authority for this? God only directed us to make him a tent. We need to speak where God speaks and be silent where God is silent. If God wanted a Temple he would have told us to build him a Temple.
It’s okay to think outside the box like David did. He had an idea and God validated that idea. Don’t be afraid of ideas that you may not have Book, Chapter and Verse for... David didn't. You might have a great idea that God just loves and who knows... maybe God put it in your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment