Monday, June 21, 2021

Good Times in Heaven

I was talking to my High School Bible class the other day and I asked them what they thought Heaven might be like? I didn’t get much of a response.
When I read descriptions of Heaven it’s like streets of Gold, gates of pearl and walls of precious stones. Plus activities like worship and singing before the throne of God. For me I can’t get too excited about walking on a street paved with gold and although I like to sing after a while I get tired of singing. Plus… I know some people who don’t even like to sing.
I asked my class… what would be the perfect Heaven for you? What would you like to be doing up there?
One said… I would play my guitar every day. Others talked about playing video games all day long. I guess for me it would be playing Volleyball or eating great food or laughing or spending time with loved ones.
Here’s the thing… a lot of those descriptions about Heaven in the scriptures are figurative… not literal. God uses figurative descriptions to describe immeasurable value in timeless terms that humans can understand.
I told my class that all those fun things we like to do now and the enjoyment those things bring us… that whatever God has planned for us in Heaven… it will be 1000 times funner… maybe a million times.
Have faith in God that he knows how to reward his children. The good things of earth are merely a foreshadowing of those things that God is going to surprise us with in Heaven

No comments:

Post a Comment