Sunday, May 22, 2022

BBQ Sandwiches, The Sermon on the Mount and Blessings

In my High School/Young adult class this morning we were taking a look at the sermon on the mount and came to the part that said… “blessed are they that hunger and thirst after righteousness’ sake for they shall be filled”. I told them I worked on Saturday and at lunch went to Mike Cotton’s BBQ and had a sliced brisket sandwich. I even told Cotton’s what cut of the brisket I wanted on it. That sandwich was so good that I dream about it and can’t wait for the next one.
Imagine if we hungered and thirsted after spiritual things like I did for that BBQ sandwich. It would be like watching the congregation like a hawk for an opportunity… where are the widows? Where are the meek and those who mourn, the persecuted, etc. I’m going to find them and do whatever I can do to help. I dream of that spiritual BBQ sandwich… I’m obsessed with it and won’t be stopped.
Imagine if the whole congregation was that way… what would it look like? To the world it would look like a bright shining light. To God it would smell like a sweet aroma. To Satan it would feel daunting and horrifying.
We have some work to do brothers and sisters!

No comments:

Post a Comment