Tuesday, November 1, 2022

My Dad

I’ve been having dreams about my dad, that he didn’t die and was still with us but his illness had changed him… he was older and more feeble and he didn’t talk much anymore.
In the dream I had last night I was on a road trip with him and he was driving and we stopped at a gas station and he went up to the cashier and when he was backing up he bumped into a woman and he stumbled a few steps and fell to the ground. I ran up to him crying and said… dad… dad are you okay? And he looked up at me and I helped him up and I told the woman how sorry we were.
I really miss him but I guess everyone who has lost their father also misses them.
Dad of course loved the Lord. When I was active on a Christian discussion list he copied all my posts and kept them. I found them when I was going through his things when mom moved out of their home.
I’ve always written in my Bible and made notes and such in it and we were home one weekend and Dad happened to pick up my Bible and started lookin at it. I’ll never forget when he just kind of held that Bible to his heart and didn’t say a word but just kind of gave me a look that he told me he was proud of me.
I’m sure Dad told me he loved me but I don’t really remember him saying it but I never doubted it because he showed me love in so many ways.
I also don’t doubt that he’s in Heaven and he’s happy up there. I wonder if the Lord lets him know how is family is doing. If he does then I know Dad is really happy.
I’ve wished that the Lord would let me have one day with him so I could catch him up on some things like how well my son and daughter have married and introduce him to my six grandchildren each one of whom is so special to me. I would like to take him to church with me and introduce him to all the members who are also so special to me. And just let him know how much the Lord has blessed me.
I guess that will never happen but I have a great hope and base my faith on the fact that Jesus was raised from the dead and I will be too so that I can catch up with Dad in eternity.
In a few years my son and then my daughter will turn 44 years of age and when they do I’ll tell them (if I’m still alive) that they are the same age when I lost my dad and let that sink in.
Anyway, I woke up this morning crying remembering a dream and wishing I could see my dad just one more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment