Sunday, December 18, 2022

Sinner's Prayer?

During this time of the year (Christmas) I see TV commercials where the message to humanity is if you say the following prayer you will be saved…
“Dear God, I’m a sinner. I’m sorry for my sins. Forgive me. I believe that Jesus Christ is your Son. I believe that He took my sins to the cross, that He died in my place, and I believe that You raised Him to life, and I’d like to trust Him now as my Savior, and I want to follow Him as my Lord from this day forward forever. I pray this in Jesus’ name. Amen".(Human reasoning)
I mean… it sounds good and it contains several valid biblical concepts. The only problem with it is that it is not biblical as far as leading to salvation. You might even say it is anti-biblical.
For comparisons sake please consider what the Apostle Peter had to say when he was asked what to do to be saved…
“Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.” (Acts 2:38)
That’s a huge difference right? Why would a keen student of the Bible substitute “human reasoning” for “Acts 2:38”?
Here’s why… because proponents of the sinner’s prayer want to eliminate Baptism from any kind of role for salvation and they have to massage any scripture that couples baptism and salvation to make it mean something it doesn’t plainly mean.
Please, please, please search the scriptures and follow after God and not man. After all it could affect you eternally.

No comments:

Post a Comment