Monday, November 16, 2009

Church News. November 15, 2009

Howdy!

Here’s the latest I have on Bob Bickle and I think we got this on Saturday from Gay…

“Hello. Janet just called and wanted to thank everyone for their love and support and that Bob is still very weak and unable to have visits but would appreciate cards. She is still not up for visits or phone calls now but does want everyone to know she appreciates everyone’s concern and prayers. She did say the therapist wanted Bob to sit in the chair a certain time frame and he could not do it… too weak. She said he has had a lot of trouble with his heart rhythm and it is just a very slow process now for his recovery. He is still in the cicu. thanks Gay”.

I was in Houston on Friday and Saturday. My step father, Darell Roberts, who has been in the hospital for 6 weeks has decided that he’s ready to go home to God. He is refusing any more treatment. I don’t expect that he’s going to live very long. Mom is a wreck. Please pray for them.

Julie got this note from Cyndi Garcia…

"Looks like I have a pretty bad tear in my (shoulder) tendon. It’s 75% torn with only a few fibers remaining intact. They made an appt for me for next week w/ a surgeon so we'll see if he agrees with the pcp that surgery is the only option. Right now, my shoulder is pretty useless and making simple everyday things very difficult.”

David Smitherman sent me this note about Darrell Hymel…

“Darrell called and wants to reschedule his trip here and come in Jan. instead of Dec. It’ll be Jan. 10. He has an opportunity to return to China to do some work and wants to take advantage of it. On this last trip he studied with a retired army general who had worked for and knew Chairman Mao.”

Kirby and Gabby Crabtree sent me this note…

“Hello my friend I hope all is well. I thought I would let you know that me and Gabby will be staying in Tennessee for a few months. Looking forward to returning to Parkway. Hope to see you soon. Your friend Kirby.”

Here’s a note from Trey and Marlena…

“Here's our new address. Use pencil in your address book though because it's going to change again when we move to NC in June!”

Marlena & Trey Williams
P.S.C. Box 1594
LRAFB, AR 72099

A big thanks to RD for doing the stenciling work necessary to make four more handicapped parking places.

Industrial Fabricators is making cages to go over our AC units. Hopefully this will prevent more theft.

Hubert and Anne Foster will be celebrating their 75th wedding anniversary this Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment