Sunday, April 2, 2023

Unexpected Things

Some unexpected things have been happening to me… well after my brothers death people are coming up and telling me how sorry they are. Of course I wrote some thoughts down about my brothers unexpected death and shared them on Facebook and sent them out on my email list.
On Facebook several shared various emojis and made comments. On our volleyball night a handful of people offered their condolences but one young man caught me outside of the gym and said he didn’t want to say anything on Facebook but wanted to say something privately and in person. I appreciate that from Matt. BTW... I have a few at Volleyball who tell me they love me. That's also unexpected.
I have several of our clients who are friends with me on Facebook and as they have been coming in for me to look after their pets at the conclusion of the visit just as I’m about to exit the exam room they say… by the way I’m sorry about the loss of your brother.
Last night we were visiting at supper with a preacher friend from out of town and during the conversation he said… I’m very sorry about your brother. I had forgotten that he is on one of my email lists,
We have gotten several cards at the house but it’s unexpected and nice that so many have not forgotten and care enough to say something because I certainly haven’t forgotten and live with sorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment