Thursday, August 10, 2023

What Day did Jonah...

I was talking to my son-in-law the other day and he said on the way home from church he was quizzing the kids about the Bible. Finally my six year old grandson said “let me ask you one” and asked… “what day of the week did the whale spit Jonah out?”
When I heard that I was amazed that a six year old would ask the kind of question that I had never even thought of before. And especially amazed since that information (day of the week) was not included in the Bible record.
But then I remembered that Jesus said this…
But he answered them, “An evil and adulterous generation seeks for a sign; but no sign shall be given to it except the sign of Jonah the prophet” (For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth). “The men of Nineveh will rise in the judgment with this generation and condemn it because they repented at the preaching of Jonah, and behold, something greater than Jonah is here.” (Matthew 12:39–41)
Perhaps as Jesus was in the grave three days and then was raised on the first day of the week that perhaps Jonah also three days in the belly of the whale was delivered out on a Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment