skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Hugs and Tears: When You Don't Know What to Say
Howdy! We got one of those kinds of messages you never want to get on Thursday. One of our members, Savannah White, had taken her life. Of course her mom and dad, sister and grandmother attend with us. Just horrific and there aren’t adequate words to describe what her family is going through right now. Of course on our private Facebook page people express comforting words, as they should, but still it just doesn’t seem like it’s enough (to me). I remember when I found out my dad only had 12 months to live (lung cancer) and I had it announced at services that I was barely holding it together. Many people said kind words to me but then Emilio Sanchez came up to me and hugged me and started crying and we both cried… I’ll never forget that.
After my dad died mom let me read the letters people had sent when Dad was alive things like what mom and dad had meant to them. I still have those letters and I cherish them. There is a pain that never goes away. It might become muted and under control for the most part but it never goes away. Sometimes I’m driving in my truck by myself and I start thinking about my family and I just break down and cry.
But I’m proud of my Parkway family because they are doing what they can do. There will be words spoken, food shared, hugs and tears because it could happen to any family. It will bring us closer together as a family.
This morning I prayed to God that if he had anything against Savannah that he would forgive it and let her spend eternity in Heaven. Knowing God… I expect to see her… especially if we all say the same prayer.
No comments:
Post a Comment