Sunday, January 15, 2023

Choose Love and God Will Choose You

I might have a great singing voice and be able to sing all the different parts of a song and might be the best song leader at church but if I don’t have love… I might as well be a coyote howling at the moon.
I might know my Bible backwards and forwards and be on the right side of all the major and minor doctrinal issues and might could preach like Peter on the Day of Pentecost but if I don’t have love… I might as well be whistling in the wind.
I might attend every service the church offers and sit on the front row and be the first one to arrive and the last one to leave but if I don’t have love… I might as well be a dog chasing his tail always coming close but never quite able to catch it.
I might be generous to a fault and give a dollar or two to every beggar standing on a street corner but if I don’t have love… I might as well be a hog dressed in a white dress wearing a pearl necklace around my neck.
Love loves the unlovable. Love can absorb insults and mistreatment and ugliness and take those things and turn them into a smile and well wishes.
Choose love and God will choose you.

No comments:

Post a Comment