Sunday, January 8, 2023

Facinating Book

A friend came through town the other day and gave me a book he thought I might be interested in. Receiving a book as a gift is kind of a funny thing because there is some obligation to read it to be prepared for the inevitable question… well how did you like it?
It’s kind of like someone giving you a dog for your birthday which is more like a 13-14 year obligation.
Anyway I liked the book. In fact I’m fascinated by it… fascinated enough to want to share some of it with you.
In Acts 1:8, Jesus told his disciples that they would be his witnesses in Jerusalem and all Judea, in Samaria and in the uttermost parts of the earth. The author of the book points out it was Peter who had the “keys” to the kingdom who opened the doors to the Kingdom by providing the Spirit to the Jews in Acts 2… to the Samaritans in Acts 8 and to the Gentiles in Acts 10.
That’s just a snippet of what’s in this book and I can’t claim that I’m in 100% agreement with the author but I do love people who love and understand the scriptures and can broaden my understanding of them.
What a nice surprise this book was. Don’t even think about giving me a dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment