Tuesday, February 28, 2023

I Wish I Could Look into God's Heart

I was working in my garden today by myself thinking about my brother Scott and his untimely death. I found myself thinking… I wish I knew a little more Bible and I also wish I knew a little less Bible.
I am well familiar with passages like… “it’s easier for a camel to get through the eye of a needle…” and “strive to enter through the narrow door…”
But I’m also familiar with what Jesus did for the family of Lazarus and how because of his great love for them he made Lazarus alive again.
Now I know that making Lazarus alive again is not the same thing as living in eternity… I know that.
What I don’t know is what my brother’s eternal destination is. I worry that he didn’t work hard enough to enter through the “narrow gate” but I also know that Jesus has great love.
I asked my mother that if we knew Scott wasn’t going to Heaven would she offer to trade places with him? She didn’t hesitate for half a second and said… of course I would. And thinking about it I guess I would too.
But if we were able to make that offer to Jehovah God my guess is that God in his smartness would respond… lets see what Scott has to say about that. And knowing my brother he would reject that offer in a quarter of a second.
I wish I knew more Bible and wish I could look into God’s heart but if anything could get God to change his mind my guess is it would be love… ours and his.
I guess we’ll have to wait and see but I believe in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment