Sunday, February 5, 2023

A Few Odds and Ends

This morning our grandson Nicholas was sitting with us and after the Lord’s Supper I asked Julie for the contribution check. She said she had put it on the pew where I sit (I had been leading singing). We looked and looked and could not find it then as they were passing the collection tray Nicholas put his quarter in and reached in his pocket and put our check in too with a big grin on his face. The little imp.
I have a friend/employee who I have known for almost 40 years. She lost her husband this past year and then told us she needed to quit work because she had some health issues and didn’t want to be always asking for time off. Okay. She lives a very private life I know that. But then I noticed she started selling or giving away a lot of her stuff so I started worrying a little bit. So after she left work I would call her from time to time checking on her and found out she had cancer that would require surgery and radiation. Today between services I decided to call and check on her and she said she would have to go to MD Anderson for five weeks of radiation treatment.
I told her… let me give you some advice. When you go to Houston, attend services at Bellaire Church of Christ, that they are a caring, compassionate group of Christians and that they would help her. She asked me if they would help her find a place to live and I told her that I didn’t know about that but I did know that they could and would offer her emotional support during therapy. She said… I’ve never been through anything like this before and I asked cancer or church? And she said both that she hadn’t been to church since she was a kid. Anyway she said she would attend at Bellaire. If she does and God’s word is planted in her heart she’s going to be amazed… like amazingly amazed and I can’t wait to see it.
Do you ever pray to the Lord and ask him… who am I that you would look over me and care for me and bring such happiness to my life? Who am I and just… who are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment