Wednesday, August 26, 2015

From Uncle CB to Dad

Bob, I have prayed for your recovery every day and my plan is to keep it up as long as it takes.
Beyond praying though, I have thought about you every day. I can still see you up on the roof wearing that blue hat scooting along the ridge. The kind of spirit that keeps it all in perspective and goes about its business. You have been through a lot recently and even with all the great love and support you are getting... it’s got to be tough. I can only imagine what it would be like.
I have known you the great majority of my life (and I’m old) and next to my father you have been the most important male in my life. As I was growing up and observed you... the way you lived your life... you provided a great role model. It may have taken me a little longer than most but I did get it. You provided me a better example than my father did. You and my mother were the two most important people in developing my path to God and I am so thankful for that.
I saw in you an example of how it could be... no... how it should be. Not that anyone is perfect but that being human with flaws... you could still lead a life of honesty, integrity and fun.
None of us knows what the future holds, one day is about all we can count on. I just want you to know I have a picture of you on my heart and I will carry it as long as I live.
Love.
C.B

No comments:

Post a Comment