Saturday, August 29, 2015

The Power of a Wife

Dear Geviene,
I have put off writing to you because I prayed so hard that I would never have to send it... but God had other plans. I have not spent a lot of personal one on one time with you and Bob. However for about 10-12 years I heard “Perkins Boys” stories. Then we came back to San Diego and I met other people with more Perkins stories. Some stories were crazy, demented and strange, but most were wonderful, kind and loving. Finally I met the two of you, but very honestly, my deepest love for you came via very short visits and mostly from the love and respect that so many people that I hold dear; Dottie, Charlie, Nita, etc., have for you, Bob and your family.
I also want you to know how much Durwood loves Bob. I can’t seem to speak of him in the past, as all of us still love him and look forward to seeing him again.
On one of Bob’s visits to San Diego he went to Los Angeles with Durwood, as they both had business there. When Dur returned he told me a wonderful story and it just affirmed my convictions about you as a wife. Bob and Dur were discussing their youth, early years of marriage and the church. Bob said that early in your marriage you sat him down and told him that your family was either going to serve the Lord... or else and he was going to have to shape up. Bob gave you the credit for straightening him out (He being the one “raised in the church” not you). You in my mind started Bob on the journey he has just completed, the greatest adventure ever and the wonderful peace of Jesus.
I just pray for more wives like you. If so, the church would have more great men and families like yours. Durwoods visit with Bob was profoundly good for him, as he still struggles with certain demons, and Bob’s faithfulness and your service to Bob deeply touched him... and me.
I just wish you every good blessing and we look forward to seeing you in San Diego in the near future. I send you my love and regards but mostly my admiration for the wife that you are. May we all have your courage and love.
Love to you
Estelle

No comments:

Post a Comment