Sunday, August 2, 2015

Facing Death with Gratitude

I was in Houston this week-end helping mom prepare to move and was going through some of Dad’s papers. I ran across a package of printed emails that were sent to him when he was sick. I heard that Dad kept a Gratitude Book but have never seen it but here is an excerpt that Mom quoted in an email she sent out.
Feb 9th
- I’m grateful for Geviene who cares for me so much.
- For the book I am reading
- For friends who care for me
- For God who has always loved me
- For the cancer which has showed me how much I have been blessed
Feb 13th
- A family who enjoys laughing together
- A God who answers prayer
- Reminders of those who are praying for me
- Lunch with Scott’s family... loving grand daughters
Feb 14th
- Hearing and laughing at Rob joking with the nurses
- Rob’s progress at the clinic
- Cards and sentiments that people write in them
- News that a patients lung tumor was not malignant
Feb 15th
- Worshipping God with Geviene and Greg (in his room)
- Finding the right scripture
- Going to Scotts for lunch
- Talking with Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment